Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pothi Vaccha Malliga Mottu From Manvasanai

This is my very first duet with another excellent singer,Kumaran.Thanks a lot to Kumaran for having suggested this song.Here is our humble attempt upon this folkish melody sung by the two immortal souls,SPB and SJ originally.Do let us know your suggestions,comments upon this one.

Song:Pothi Vaccha Malliga Mottu
Music Director:Ilayaraja
Original Singer’s:S.Janaki,SPB
Cover Version:Meena,Kumaran
Mixing:Kumaran
Movie :Mann Vasanai
Year:1983 (Before even I was born :D)

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

3 comments:

ranjith said...

Very nice!!! Your voice is unique and sweet!
This is one of my fav. Raja songs; a little tough to get the "charanams" right and you guys did a great job! Keep posting.

gowtham ghatke said...

Hi... I heard many of ur songs, they r great.. My favourite is Sahana saaral from Sivaji., u have sung very neatly in that.I am a singer and I too am interested in singing with you, I ll mail my 2 songs so that u listen to my voice.
for my hindi song listen to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljYitbva4Ak
I want u to hear my Tamil song also, so please give ur mail id or mail me at gowtham.ghatke@gmail.com
Thanks and I will be waiting for ur reply or mail.

meena said...

@Ranjith:Thanks!!!

@Gowtham:Thanks for dropping in my space.Appreciate it!!
We sure shall do songs together.My id meena_shanker2001@yahoo.com